Friday, September 4, 2009

September 4, 2009 - Missing

September 4, 2009 – It has been far too long since I’ve shared the life & times of the Tower Twins. I’m happy to say, though, that I’ve been so caught up in the wonder & amazement and just lived in the moment rather than chronicling it. Jensen & Ariana seem less and less like babies and more and more like toddlers. They are both cruising while hanging onto the couch and are climbing up on everything.

Last week we had a terrible scare! Jensen was missing! I thought she was playing in the living room with Bryan, he thought she was cooking in the kitchen with me. When we realized neither of us knew where she was we frantically searched the 1st floor of the house. The baby gate on the stairs was partially open – we always left it open so that Randall could sit on his perch in the game room window – but the girls had never shown interest in the stairs. After opening closed doors, looking behind furniture and curtains – to no avail – I finally raced upstairs and found Little Miss Curious sitting in the corner between the game room and their bedroom playing with the cord of the humidifier. I cried, I laughed, I wanted to throw up!!! I was so scared. I still cannot believe that she trucked up the stairs without getting tired and just kept going.

The girls have a wooden lion hanging on their wall. Ari has always stared at it and Bryan has always roared when she looked at it. Jensen picked up on the roar and she now roars when she crawls. It is absolutely adorable!!! It will probably be embarrassing in the future when we overhear people we don’t know say “did that little girl just roar at me?”

Babies First Labor Day weekend – we have some shopping on the schedule and a visit to the water fountains in the park across the street. They haven’t been able to enjoy the water for most of the summer since it’s been 100+ degrees outside!

We leave for our Caribbean cruise on Sunday, Oct. 4th. We can’t wait to share this experience with the girls! First birthdays coming up on Oct. 12th. Mama’s gotta plan a party!!!

No comments: