Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oct. 28, 2008 - Growing

We have the cutest babies EVER!!! The girls have grown quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. As of yesterday’s visit with the pediatrician, Jensen now weighs 5 lbs 11 oz (up 8 oz) and Ari is 6 lbs 2 oz (up 7 oz). Both girls are now 19 inches.

I’m not sure if the girls are fraternal or identical. What kind of mother am I? I remember hearing someone in the OR say that they were fraternal but we haven’t had it confirmed. The pediatrician thinks they are identical but suggested we ask the OB. Bryan and I can tell the girls apart when we look directly at them but Jensen is still wearing her hospital bracelet just in case!

I am feeling pretty good. I've lost 23 lbs so far. The Dr. released me to start walking and it’s been great to get out for some exercise and fresh air. The girls zonk out every time.

Grammie Teresa arrived on Saturday. She & Kathy have helped so much keeping the house tidy and cooking meals for us. All I have to do is focus on our precious duo which I am more than happy to do!

Friday will be “Babies’ First Halloween”. Our neighbor and friend, Mollye, bought the girls adorable ghost onesies. We plan to take a stroll through the neighborhood to see all the kiddos in costumes after handing out candy at our place (last year we had 2 trick or treaters – hopefully this year we’ll have double that!). HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

1 comment:

MissCaron said...

YAY! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see more pics! Miss you girlie. Glad to hear you are enjoying mommy-baby time.