Being a mom is the most amazing thing ever! I am completely and totally sleep-deprived and couldn’t care less! Jensen & Ari are worth every bit of lost sleep. I worried that I would still be a selfish, only child after the girls were born but I am the last person I think of these days.
On Wednesday of this week, the pediatrician called and said that Ari tested positive for hypothyroidism and asked that we have her re-tested. Of course, the first thing I did was burst into tears and log on to Wikipedia! The definition of hypothyroidism on Wikipedia was scary and I was a mess (because, of course, I focused on the extreme cases and not the “easily treated with medication” norm). We took Ari to the lab to have blood drawn yesterday morning and I was a wreck all day AGAIN. The Dr. called this morning to report that everything is normal and the first test was a false positive. WHEW! I have been on pins & needles for 2 days awaiting the results. I can’t imagine anything worse than your child having a disease.
My mom has been here for 2 weeks and has been a tremendous help! I so appreciate everything she’s done. Sunday – Thursday she gets up with me 3 times in the wee hours of night/morning to feed/burp/change the girls so that Bryan can get some uninterrupted sleep. She’s been a godsend! Today, she encouraged me to get out of the house (my first solo outing since the girls were born). I walked around Target observing all the moms with kids in their carts thinking “I’m a mom too”. Still surreal!
1 comment:
Awww. Glad to hear that the girls are alright! Love you ... miss y'all.
Post a Comment