Jensen & Ari will be 5 weeks old on Sunday! The weeks have flown by and the girls have grown so much. It is amazing to see the little peanuts lifting their heads - their necks, arms & legs are getting so strong. They are also making facial expressions that just crack us up - Jensen makes an "O" with her mouth and Ari purses her lips. We thought that as they grew we'd be able to tell them apart a little easier...not the case...they are looking more alike...good thing Jensen's pinky nails are painted red :)
This week we took Jensen to Pediatric Imaging at the Dell Children's Hospital; a hip ultrasound is standard procedure for a breech baby. She handled the ultrasound like a little princess and the results - normal - came back later that day. WHEW! I'm so glad that we're finished with tests...no more poking & prodding my babies...until it's time for vaccinations.
I am enjoying motherhood immensely...all except one thing...using the bulb syringe to clean the girls' noses. G-ROSS! I can handle dirty diapers with no problem but baby boogers just gross me out! I cry as much as the girls do!
I don't want to jinx us but the girls made it through their 3 week growth spurt and are back on their feeding-every-3-hours-schedule. Thank goodness! Every 90 minutes was getting to me! We are slowly getting into the swing of things and have a feeding routine where I go to bed around 8p, Bryan feeds the girls around 10 and I get up for the 1a - that gives me 4-5 hours of sleep. Sleeping has been great but Bryan and I don't get to spend much time together during the week.
Tomorrow we're having family photos taken. My OB is paying the photographer's sitting fees for us and will hang a picture of the twins in her new office (since they were the first twins born in the new hospital). I know we'll spend a bundle when the proofs come in...can't wait to see them!
1 comment:
YAY! I can't wait to see the pics!
Post a Comment