Friday, January 16, 2009

1/16/09 - Returning to Work

Happy New Year, Friends! January has been busy so I haven’t had a chance to blog recently. I returned to work on January 5th after 3 months of maternity leave. It was bittersweet; I cried when I left the girls at Nanny Alison’s. Saying good-bye to them that first morning would have been even harder had we taken them to a day care center where we didn’t know the care providers. Alison is a good friend with many years of experience teaching pre-school. She texted me photos of the girls each day around noon so that I had a baby fix to get me through the rest of the day.

Since Grammie Teresa is local now, she picks the girls up at 4:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that she can have grandma time with them – it helps us a ton because we get to go to the gym. (It is so hard for me not to rush right home after work to see the girls but I keep telling myself that working out is important so that I can spend a long, active life with them.)

The girls are growing so big, grabbing for rattles, focusing on animated animals (of the fabric and stuffing kind, not Randall), following us around the room with their eyes. Miss Alison tells us that Ari is grabbing with her left hand and Jensen favors her right. Is left-handedness innate or learned?

The most difficult part of returning to work is that the sweet little things fall asleep so early. They are good eaters, eating 6 oz at almost every feeding. They zonk out between 6-7 and we get home from work around 6:15. They are sleeping through the night several nights a week; YAY SLEEP FOR MOMMY!

All in all, we are all adjusting to being back to work and are very close to finding our groove. In time, it’ll only get easier.

No comments: