Friday, July 25, 2008

July 25, 2007 - Pregnancy Emotions

We just returned from the Dr. and seeing the girls. Oh how big they are getting! 2 lbs! Twin A (bottom bunk) is breech right now but she has lots of time to move around. Twin B is transverse. They are laying head to head – Twin A’s feet are pointed down and Twin B’s feet are pointed to the left.

Yesterday I had my first experience with a stranger touching my belly. How did that start? In what decade was it OK for you to touch the midsection of someone you don’t know? Pre-pregnancy, no one came up and touched my stomach to say hello (now wouldn’t that be weird?!). I think I heard one of the girls yell “hey lady, step off!”

I’ve read a lot about emotions during pregnancy. The best description was in the book “Belly Laughs” by Jenny McCarthy. True to her nature, there are many crass comments but some of her chapters are so stinkin’ funny (and true) that I couldn’t help but laugh out loud. I experienced my first laughing/crying fit while reading a section of her book. It was such a bizarre feeling. Bryan couldn’t help but laugh which made me cry even more. Last Friday I had a meltdown in the Lowe’s parking lot. Out of nowhere I told Bryan, with a tear-ridden, hysterical voice “we have to get a lawn service because I don’t want you spending 4 hours on Saturday mornings mowing the lawn when the girls arrive!” Bryan’s response was “where did that come from?” I started laughing, Bryan started laughing, I started crying, he couldn’t stop laughing which made me cry even more. Then it was over – I dried my tears and we went inside. Luckily, Bryan has only had to deal with 2 such occasions.

2 comments:

Gram Teresa said...

Double Tower Trouble this is Grandma Teresa or what ever youd like to call me (Queen). While in Elkhart, In and catching up on the latest dancing of the girls thought Id send some love their way in this form. As, the Queen is now packing up and moving onward to Texas to share my life with them in a closer way. I cry and laugh at all the things Shay lets us know that is going on. And just to let the world or the blog lookers know that the girls mommie and daddie are the apple of my eye and with them added and mixed in it will be the core and our family will be whole-as Shay would say the fruit or fruit basket is near its best. Thank you for being my daughter and son and law and adding to our family. Must go for the tears are flowing. XO Gram

MissCaron said...

OMG. I love your mom ~ too cute! Wish I was there to help you prepare, etc. Miss you girlie!