Friday, August 15, 2008

Aug. 15, 2008 - Sick Game

Went to the Dr. this week; my weight is still around 28 lbs but this is when I start bypassing all those singleton moms (underachievers). This week (29) the babies weigh about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and are a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.

I play this sick game every few weeks; I am the only player. I go into my closet, look longingly at the clothes I haven’t worn in 3+ months then pull a pair of jeans off a hanger and try to get them on. I do this in the inner sanctum of my closet so that Bryan doesn’t laugh at me. So far, I have won every round of this game. My jeans, albeit tight, slip on up to my belly. The frequency in which I play this sick game will probably lessen as the twins’ arrival approaches.

I started crying when I heard the song “Stacy’s Mom” (you know, “has got it goin’ on); it’s a fun, catchy tune but reminded me that I am going to be someone’s mom…2 someones mom. Weird! I have no doubt that Bryan will be an outstanding daddy. Me, on the other hand, I know I will try my best but worry about the huge mistakes I’ll make. Hopefully none of them will be life-threatening or altering!

No comments: