Friday, August 8, 2008

Aug. 8, 2008 - What the heck is a Chinese cabbage?

I love the fruit and veggie analogy when I know what the produce looks like, but what the heck is a Chinese cabbage? The girlies can now blink their eyes and are sporting eyelashes. I know they are already practicing batting their eyes to get daddy to agree to anything they desire.

Last night was our first childbirth class; Bryan is definitely the class clown. He’s going to be expelled, I just know it. He made me giggle throughout the class so I’ll probably be expelled too. The classes will be very helpful but, honestly, I’m not worried about labor & delivery (now, at least). I’m most worried about breastfeeding twins. We have a breastfeeding class next week that includes a session on twins. WHEW!

Pregnancy has almost been textbook for me; the books said that once the 2nd trimester started, I would get my energy back (and make less frequent trips to the restroom) – it was right on. The books also said that once the 3rd trimester started, I would make more trips to the restroom, start sleeping less, get more leg cramps…dead on. I fell in love with my body pillow (which I called my boyfriend for a couple weeks) but even that is not helping me sleep these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shay - Chinese Cabbage is bok choy (at least I think it is). It's long like Romaine lettuce, but it's much fuller. The latest pic is great!

Sherry said...

Glad you are doing so well. No bed rest for this mama!