Went to the specialist yesterday – these girls are weighing in at 4.7 and 5 lbs and gaining about .5 lb per week. They will be around 7 lbs when they are born! WOW!
Last Friday afternoon, I was surprised with a baby shower at work. Bryan was in on it which was funny because the night before we’d talked about how he can’t keep a secret. My work peeps were so generous – I was overwhelmed.
On Saturday, our good friends, The Robersons, The Marxs and The Pecjaks hosted a couples’ shower for us. 25 of our friends gathered to celebrate the impending arrival of the Tower Twins. The guys had to chug beer from baby bottles – it was entertaining. Grandma & Papa Tower went way overboard! We are so fortunate to be close to family and to have found such wonderful friends in Austin.
Since my feet are like bricks these days and I’ve been dreading the final shopping spree at Babies R Us, I decided to purchase everything left on our registry online. The UPS truck will need only make one stop that day – at our house. We’re still waiting on the recliner, perhaps it’ll arrive when everything else does.
Our final purchase this weekend will be a mini fridge that we’ll keep in the girls’ room next to my big, fat chair. I’ll need an additional 800 calories a day while nursing (and I thought the extra 600 required during pregnancy was tough to get!) so I’ll need snacks and drinks handy.
2 comments:
OMG. Good for you! You're beautiful girls are going to be so happy and healthy and loved! Miss you bunches!
P.S. I tagged you in my blog. Check it out and do the quiz if you'd like.
Post a Comment