Friday, October 3, 2008

October 3, 2008 - 36 weeks and counting...

Even though my belly is 1/3 the size of Kate’s on John & Kate Plus Eight, I still play my sick game. Yesterday, my jeans still fit up to my belly!

I’ve been having dreams about labor...probably because the end is in sight. I appreciate everyone’s advice and encouragement these past few months but I have to admit, if one more person tells me to sleep as much as I can now, I will scream. Nighttime is the worst time of the day as far as I’m concerned. There is just no getting comfortable with 12 lbs of baby smooshing your stomach, liver, gall bladder into your ribs and sitting on your bladder. I am a back sleeper (and it is a no-no to sleep on your back) so it is nearly impossible for me to get comfortable. For those of you who are side sleepers, you’ll fair much better.

I’ve also noticed that everyone compares their pregnancy to mine. Some women feel better about themselves to know that they didn’t gain as much weight as me, some women feel awful that they are carrying one baby and have gained twice as much as me. Every pregnancy is different. Just ask the women who’ve had multiple pregnancies and they will likely tell you that pregnancy with each of their children was different. I’ve been very fortunate and have had an “easy” pregnancy; I’ve felt great up until a couple weeks ago when my feet began to swell in relation to my belly swelling.

2 comments:

MissCaron said...

Awwww. I know you are soooo ready for them to get here ... not too much longer Shay Shay. Hang in there! Love you bunches!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Shay& Bryan, Love the theme for the bedroom. Olivia had that in her room when she was a baby.Enjoy being the princess now ,in avery short time you'll need to make room for two princesses and your new role will become Queen.Long live the Queen!Much love! Jaimie